October is National Roller Skating Month!
Did you know...
- In 1983, President Reagan declared October National Roller
- National Roller Skating Month is endorsed by the President's Challenge Program and Let's Move?
- Roller skating is safer than basketball, football, and even playgrounds?
- The National Institute for Fitness and Sports claims that roller skating
works most of the major muscle groups – gluts, quads, abs, calves and arms?
- Roller skating is safer than jogging and causes less than 50
percent of the impact shock to joints compared to running, according to a study
conducted at the University of Massachusetts.
Find your local rink using our rink locator
and help us celebrate National Roller Skating Month!