Annual RSA Super Skater Contest
What is the Super Skater Contest?
The Super Skater contest is a ready-made program teaching basic roller skating skills, and is a simple, easy and effective way to encourage new skaters. To pass level one of the program and receive a Super Skater pin, the skater must successfully perform three of five basic skills. The skater is required to demonstrate four of six advanced-beginner skills to pass level two of the program. Upon successful completion of level two, skaters receive a Super Skater pin and a certificate recognizing their achievement. A nominal fee of $3 is charged per test; pins can be purchased in advance.
What Does the Program Teach?
The Super Skater program offers attainable goals, increases a skater's confidence and enthusiasm for roller skating, teaches safety and proper technique, which prevents injury to skaters, allows beginning skaters to build a strong foundation of basic skills, and tests are based on individual performance, so there is no pressure of competition.
How Do You Participate?
- Click here to download Super Skater Level I and Level II forms.
- Set up Super Skater classes to teach the basic skills needed for level one and/or two. Don't have an experienced skater to teach the program? Read the "Teaching a Nonskater to Teach Beginning Skating" curriculum from the website at no cost. You'll find out how anyone can teach basic skating skills required in the Super Skater program.
- Have one or three judges present when your skaters are ready to be tested. Judges must be 15 years of age and knowledgeable of skating skills.
- Turn in the test forms and $3 fee per test to the RSA office and we will send out your Super Skater pins and certificates.
How Do You Market to Kids Attending a Party?
While kids are excited about skating, you can make sure they leave with Super Skater information:
- Hand out a schedule of lesson times.
- Create a pass or gift card for a free Super Skater lesson to encourage them to return.
- Give them a "two for one" coupon for Super Skater lessons.
- Give kids a coupon where they will get a discount or free snack bar item when they sign up for the Super Skater program.
- Waive the admission fee if a skater brings a friend for the lesson.
What Can Coaches/Rinks Win?
Keep track of the Super Skater tests you give as a coach or a rink between March 1 and April 30 and win! The rink and coach with the most Super Skater tests given in the contest period will receive a plaque and a $50 Visa gift card.
What is the Deadline?
Contest starts March 1 and ends April 30. All paperwork must be completed and returned no later than May 10 to be considered. No exceptions to deadline.
Mail your forms to: Roller Skating Association, Attn: Super Skater Contest, 6905 Corporate Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46278, P: 317-347-2626, F: 317-347-2636.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-347-2626
Congratulations to our 2015 Super Skater Contest Winners!
The RSA is proud to honor our 2015 Super Skater Contest winners. Each winner will receive a $50.00 Visa gift card and plaque for their accomplishments.
James Chekon, SRSTA Coach at Sunrise Rollerland (Citrus Heights, CA) - 249 Super Skater tests
Sunrise Rollerland (Citrus Heights, CA) - 249 Super Skater tests.
Please join us in recognizing the following coaches and rinks participating in the 2015 contest:
- Pat Jacques - 63 tests, Roller King (Roseville, CA)
- No Coach - 55 tests, Skate A Way (Ocala, FL)
- Diann Tanney - 16 tests, Rollarama (Schenectady, NY)
- Elizabeth Tink - 14 tests, Youngstown Skate (Youngstown, OH)
- Roberta Pringle - 13 tests, King's Skate Country (Elk Grove, CA)
- Karyn Cormier - 13 tests, Skate Reflections (Kissimmee, FL)
- Karlene Justice - 11 tests, Dad's Broadway Skateland (Mesquite, TX)
- Robert Heeley - 8 tests, Aurora Skate Center (Aurora, IL)
- Lisa Lemmler - 7 tests, Aurora Skate Center (Aurora, IL)
- Jamie Noll - 7 tests, Rollhaven Skating Center (Flint, MI)
- Marlene Bruland - 6 tests, Skate-Inn (Marysville, WA)
- Caroline Mirelli - 4 tests, East End Skating Center (Memphis, TN)
- No Coach - 3 tests, Hot Wheels Skate Center (Woodstock, GA)
Super Skater program is designed to teach basic roller skating skills
and encourage new skaters. Levels I and II increase the skaters’
confidence while teaching safety, proper technique and preventing
injury. Skaters build a strong foundation in their basic skills based on
individual performance. The contest is held each year from March
1-April 30. To be eligible to participate in the Super Skater Contest,
test results must be received in the RSA office by May 10.
Super Skater Contest Results