NewsBlog 7 FREE and FUN Activities for Kids this Summer - And All Year Long!
7 FREE and FUN Activities for Kids this Summer - And All Year Long!
By Lynette Anacker
July 10, 2015
We know that as parents you never enjoy hearing those dreaded three words, "Moommmmmm, I'm borrrreeeddd." There are a number of businesses around the country that offer free or nearly-free family-friendly activities to keep everyone active and entertained this summer and all year long.
1. Free Roller Skating: As featured on the Today Show, Kids Skate Free is a program owned and Operated by the Roller Skating Association International. Designed to encourage roller skating as a fun and healthy activity for the whole family, this rapidly growing year-round program provides two free roller skating passes every week of the year to up to four children per family from participating roller rinks. In June, Kids Skate Free officially reached 1/2 million kids every week and continues to add more than 15,000 children every week. Parents can register their children at www.kidsskatefree.com.
2. Free Bowling: Created by the BPAA in 2007, Kids Bowl Free similarly offers kids two free games of bowling every day all summer long. This program is designed by bowling centers to give back to the community and provide a safe, secure, and fun way for kids to spend time this summer. To sign up visit www.kidsbowlfree.com.
3. Free Meals: Restaurants around the United States offer free meals to kids on various days of the week, allowing families the opportunity to try new restaurants and experience new food nearly every day of the week. To sign up visit www.mykidseatfree.com.
4. Free Circus Tickets: Barnum & Bailey designed a program for parents of newborns (up to 12 months and living in the US) that celebrates family by offering a free ticket to any Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey performance anytime, anywhere, with no expiration date. Parents can print a commemorative certificate with child's name, as well. Parents can register their newborn here at any time.
5. Free Building Projects: Lowe's offers weekly programs for children with their Build and Grow program. Kids will receive a free apron, goggles, patch and more. Check the calendar for a variety of activities throughout the year. Visit www.lowesbuildandgrow.com for more information.
6. Free Sporting Events: A number of major and minor league baseball teams (and other sports teams) around the country offer kids club programs. For example, the Chicago White Socks offers a free "Slugger Membership" that will offer a pack of White Socks baseball player cards, two upper level game tickets, membership certificates, two digital newsletters and other special tickets and merchandise discounts. Sign up for the White Sox Slugger Membership or check with your local baseball or sports team to find out more about their kids club programs.