The Roller Skating Foundation has released the 2018 Scholarship Application. The requirements for the application are as follows with two awards being handed out for $2000 and $4000.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
A $4000 first place academic scholarship and a $2000 second place academic scholarship will be awarded to the high school seniors who:
· Can be certified to be a child of an owner or an employee of an RSA skating center or a child or employee of an RSA affiliated member.
· Completes and timely submits the scholarship application form in its entirety.
· Must have at least a 3.2 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
· ACT/SAT scores must be submitted with scholarship application and will be taken into consideration when considering potential scholarship awards.
· Who most exceeds the performance measurement criteria established by the Roller Skating Foundation Board of Directors.
· Must have three (3) letters of reference, one from each of the following: RSA member/affiliate member; guidance counselor; teacher.
· Must include complete high school transcripts.
· Must include a 500- to 700-word personal essay explaining how roller skating has influenced your life, your goals for the future, and how this scholarship would help you achieve those goals.
· Application should be submitted for the fall semester.
· Applicants must meet the criteria to be considered for this scholarship.
· Completed applications must be received at the Roller Skating Foundation by February 28, 2018.
· Application must be submitted the year in which you plan to attend college.
· Award will be announced in March 2018. Winner will be posted on www.rollerskating.com.
DEADLINEDeadline for submissions is February 28, 2018