Learn to Skate Program
Basic Skills for Adults
The RSA Achievement Committee is pleased to share with coaches, judges and rink owners the NEWLY UPDATED AND STREAMLINED
Learn to Skate Program, complete with posters to display in your skating center, a skills set, evaluation sheet and certificate.
- To become a Learn to Skate Teacher, click here to learn more.
- Download the Materials. Includes both a regular poster and a blank poster, skills instructions, evaluation sheet and certificate.
- Print and display the posters throughout your skating rink and advertise the program on social media using the images included in the kit.
- Develop a plan for hours, times, etc. to teach your adult skaters.
- Instructions for each level are included in the kit to have skaters complete each task successfully.
- Use the evaluation form when testing skaters on their skills.
- Once the skater masters the skills, complete the certificate to award them of their success.
- Once they have progressed beyond the basics, you can move them through the steps of the SRSTA's Roller Skating Achievement Program that has various different levels in several different disciplines including American Dance, International Dance, Circle Figures, Loop Figures, Quad Freestyle, Inline Freestyle, Inline Speed Skating and Roller Hockey.
As you can see, this program makes it incredibly easy to teach your customers how to skate and helps you build more confident skaters.
Questions and Technical Support
If you have any questions about this program, we encourage you to contact Sharon McMahon at email@example.com
or calling 317-347-2626 Ext. 108. WHEN PRINTING PDFS:
Follow these steps to print the pdf files so that it doesn't print the image background as a black box on an inkjet printer.NOTE:
If you're having trouble extracting the files, you can learn how to do so here
. If this still doesn't work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
for access to the files in another way. NOTE:
If you're having trouble with the images printing as black boxes on an inject printer, SEE BELOW under "When Printing PDFs" to learn how to prevent this from happening as this is a printer settings issue, not an issue with the files.