Learn to Skate Program
Basic Skills for Kids
The RSA Achievement Committee is pleased to
share with coaches, judges and rink owners this NEWLY UPDATED AND STREAMLINED
program, complete with posters to display in your skating
center, a skills set, evaluation sheet and certificate to use for each
These new turnkey programs will replace the old
format of the Super Skater Program and can now be used in your skating centers. There is no need to purchase pins or anything else - the kit includes everything you need! Member coaches, judges or roller skating rink owners will need to log into their RSA account to first access the materials. (To become a Learn to Skate Teacher, click here to learn more
- Download the Learn to Skate Program Zip File
- License your Learn to Skate Teachers.
- Watch videos on how each skill is taught.
- Display the posters throughout your skating rink and advertise the program on social media using the images included in the kit.
- Develop a plan for hours, times, etc. to teach your skaters in both the Roller Roo and Super Skater programs.
- Instructions for each level are included in the kit to have students complete each task successfully.
- Use the evaluation form when testing students on their skills.
- Once the student masters the skills, complete one of the certificates to award the students of their success.
- Once they have progressed beyond the basics, you can move them through the steps of the SRSTA's Roller Skating Achievement Program that has various different levels in several different disciplines including American Dance, International Dance, Circle Figures, Loop Figures, Quad Freestyle, Inline Freestyle, Inline Speed Skating and Roller Hockey.
As you can see, this program makes it incredibly easy to teach your customers how to skate and helps you build more confident skaters.
Questions and Technical Support
If you have any questions about this program, we encourage you to contact Sharon McMahon at email@example.com
or calling 317-347-2626 Ext. 108.
WHEN PRINTING PDFS: Follow these steps to print the pdf files so that it doesn't print the image background as a black box on an inkjet printer.
NOTE: If you're having trouble extracting the files, you can learn how to do so here
. If this still doesn't work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
for access to the files in another way.
NOTE: If you're having trouble with the images printing as black boxes on an inject printer, SEE BELOW under "When Printing PDFs" to learn how to prevent this from happening as this is a printer settings issue, not an issue with the files.