Roller Skating Association International

BMI Music Licensing Discounts

As a member of the RSA, you are entitled to music licensing discounts. As you know, being a roller skating center requires you to pay for music licensing from the three major music licensing firms: BMI, SESAC and ASCAP. The RSA has worked out agreements with BMI and SESAC. The RSA accepts payments on behalf of BMI with your membership renewal. Please note that all roller skating centers utilizing music must register with these three licensing agencies and must pay their BMI dues to the RSA no later that the deadline given on the form. This is a hard deadline and there are no exceptions. If you submit your payment after this due date it must be for the full retail value listed and submitted directly to BMI. 

Download BMI licensing application and fee chart

As a result of the pandemic, many members were forced to temporarily close their businesses. BMI has graciously agreed to provide a credit to those members for the time their businesses were closed. RSA members are asked to complete this survey with their information and re-opening date in order for BMI to provide the appropriate credits to future licensing fees. Please complete all fields and click the FINISH button at the bottom when completed. 

Note: Please hold onto the BMI rate schedule form that you see above and wait until your calculated credit has been sent to you by email/mail to pay the specified amount for 2021, less the credit that BMI will be applying to your account.