DonationsThe National Museum of Roller Skating is seeking donations of artifacts, documents, and memorabilia related to roller skating. Donations are tax-deductible up to the amount permitted by law. For further information, contact the Museum Director at (402) 483-7551, or by e-mail at email@example.com. Please discuss your potential donation with the Museum Director before sending any materials to the museum.
The museum is seeking items which:
- Reflect the history of roller skating on a local, regional, national, and international level.
- Are not duplicates of artifacts already in the collection and which the staff feel can be handled in terms of storage and conservation.
The museum is particularly interested in collecting:
- Any roller skating item from before 1900.
- Items documenting competitive roller skating pre-1937.
- Costumes (used for either competitive or entertainment events).
AppraisalsThe museum staff is unable to provide appraisals of the monetary value of materials offered as gifts, brought in for identification, or submitted for any other purpose. Donors desiring appraisals must themselves acquire and pay for a professional appraiser. Important: The cost of an appraisal is also tax deductible if the gift is being given to a qualifying charitable institution.
DonationsGifts to the National Museum of Roller Skating are deductible from taxable income in accordance with the provisions of the Federal income tax law. Establishing the true monetary value of gifts is the responsibility of the donor. The acceptance of an item at the donor's appraised value does not imply endorsement of that value by the museum.