Learn to Skate Program
The RSA Achievement Committee is pleased to
share with coaches, judges and rink owners the NEWLY UPDATED AND STREAMLINED
Learn to Skate Program, complete with posters to display in your skating
center, a skills set, evaluation sheet and editable certificate to use for each
This program consists of two parts: the Roller Roo Program for beginning skaters and Super Skater Program for beginning basics skills. This new turnkey program will replace the old
format of the Super Skater Program and can now be used in your skating centers. There is no need to purchase pins or anything else - the kit includes everything you need!
How It Works
- Member coaches, judges or roller skating rink owners will need to log into their RSA account to first access the materials.
- Download the Learn to Skate Program Zip File. If you're having trouble extracting the files, you can learn how to do so here. If this still doesn't work, please email email@example.com for access to the files in another way.
- Display the posters throughout your skating rink and advertise the program on social media using the images included in the kit.
- Develop a plan for hours, times, etc. to teach your skaters in both the Roller Roo and Super Skater programs.
- Instructions for each level are included in the kit to have students complete each task successfully.
- Use the evaluation form when testing students on their skills.
- Once the student masters the skills, complete one of the certificates to award the students of their success.
- Once they have progressed beyond the basics, you can move them through the steps of the SRSTA's Roller Skating Achievement Program that has various different levels in several different disciplines including American Dance, International Dance, Circle Figures, Loop Figures, Quad Freestyle, Inline Freestyle, Inline Speed Skating and Roller Hockey.
As you can see, this program makes it incredibly easy to teach your customers how to skate and helps you build more confident skates, regular customers and encourages them continue on through the Achievement Program to master even more skills!
Roller Roo Program
- Skills instructions for Roller Roo Level 1, 2 and 3
- Evaluation Form
- Certificate (change based on level)
Super Skater Program
- Skills instructions for Super Skater Level 1, 2 and 3
- Evaluation Form
- Certificates for each individual level. We've included options with artistic skates and speed skates, depending on which program you would like to focus on building skaters for in your rink.