The Roller Skating Association is thrilled to unveil its latest endeavor for National Roller Skating Month – "Be a Roll Model" which has been designed to be used year-round to encourage MORE SKATING, LESS HATING!
This initiative for National Roller Skating Month is poised to revolutionize communities across the nation. The RSA is a prominent advocate for anti-bullying, mental health awareness, and the myriad health benefits of roller skating which continues to pave the way for positive change within the industry.
As an RSA member, you will have access to 31+ files including:
Download all materials here (You must be logged in to access these files)
The design, developed in collaboration with the pilot program Young Men United’s Major Sk8 Therapy Program in North Carolina, enables roller skating rinks to recognize and reward outstanding student role models within their local and national skating centers. In addition to fostering an inclusive and supportive skating environment, the program aligns seamlessly with the RSA's commitment to addressing vital social issues.
But that's not all! The RSA is gearing up for an action-packed October, with a series of events that promise to electrify the roller skating community from coast to coast. Mark your calendars for these exciting dates and topics:
1. Learn to Skate Day on October 7: The first Saturday of October is designed to be a day of discovery as roller rinks nationwide welcome newcomers to experience the thrill of roller skating for the very first time.
2. Cha Cha Slide Day on October 14: Join us at 3 p.m. local time on the second Saturday of October as we pay tribute to the late DJ Casper, the creative genius behind the Cha Cha Slide. Get ready to groove and slide your way to happiness!
3. Sock it to Cancer Fundraising Campaigns all month long: This nationwide fundraising campaign dedicates proceeds from sock sales to local cancer associations to support research and awareness. Members can purchase socks from Expert Hosiery at 919-799-7707 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancer sock availability is subject to change. Reach out to Abid for options available. Download posters and promo materials on RSA website here.
4. Disney Hits Nightmare Before Christmas Halloween Promotion: This promotion, which celebrates the 30th anniversary of Nightmare Before Christmas, includes a PDF and JPG of the poster specifically for the month of October, as well as a link to a Spotify playlist and a list of Disney songs to incorporate into the month. Download posters and promo materials on RSA website here. FEC Music/Control Play will have the entire playlist available on October 1.
5. The use of several hashtags to promote National Roller Skating Month including: #MoreSkatingLessHating #MoreSk8LessH8 #RollerSkating #RollModelProgram #NationalRollerSkatingMonth
NOTE: These materials are for use ONLY by RSA member rinks. If you are a member that has not yet paid your annual dues for your additional rinks, please contact Sharon McMahon at email@example.com or 317-347-2626 Ext. 108.